Thousands of people rendered homeless and many more without a livelihood after the recent devastating floods in Kerala and coorg. For many people it is life restarting from zero again, they lost their house, cattle & feeds, farmlands & seeds, shops & stocks and much more. Entire cattle population and most of the farm lands are destroyed in many parts of Kerala due to flood. Uthishta has collected and distributed a lots of materials from well-wishers like you to support the immediate needs like food, medical support and shelter.
Now it is time to focus on sustainable livelihood support for those who lost everything. We shall join hands to help such families to enable them to work again and earn their livelihood by re-establishing whatever they lost. Uthishta Santhwanam is a noble project aimed at providing sustainable support to affected family to restart their life. Below are the needs of the people identified after we visiting/talking to many affected people. Let us join together to make lasting impression to the lives of our fellow citizens in need.
- Donate a milking cow – for those who lost their cattle during flood – approx. Rs. 50000/ ·
- Donate a small shop with items in it (Vegetable stock or minimal grocery stocks or tea-shop items) – approx.. Rs. 40000/
- Donate a pair of sheep – Approx. Rs. 25000/
- Donate to restart the farming with seeds (paddy, banana, tapioca) – Approx Rs. 15000 /
- Donate a quality sewing machine – approx. Rs. 10000/
- Donate poultry support (chicks & feeds)- Approx Rs. 5000/
Any small contribution also accepted as we will aggregate the amount and support the real needy people on the ground.
Information for contributors:
Please join hands with us, together we will serve better.
Cheques/DDs may be drawn in favor of UTHISHTA, payable at Bangalore
You may transfer your contributions online to:
A/C Name: Uthishta
Account No.: 331202010063899
Bank Name: Union Bank of India
Branch Name: Domlur, Bangalore
IFSC Code: UBIN0533122
All contributions to Uthishta is eligible for tax exemption under section 80G of Income Tax Act.